Participants will have the opportunity to develop community action projects, build leadership and peace-building skills, and engage in experiential learning activities that promote mutual understanding between the people of Iraq and the United States.
The trip will begin in Vermont, with the second and third week in a different city (likely Portland OR, or Tulsa OK), and a final week in Washington DC. The program dates are tentative but we expect the program to run from late July to early August. WorldLearning in DC is the group who is facilitating this opportunity.
See the attached PROGRAM FLYER for details
See attached PARENT/STUDENT FAQ flyer details
- This opportunity is open to students from all over the United States
- Students should apply at https://iylep.org/apply/
- There is no fee to participate in the Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program
- Participants will be selected through a merit-based application and interview process
- Deadline for applying is January 31st, 2018
If you have any questions about the IYLEP program, please contact IYLEP@worldlearning.org