Below is the info of APSA's 2013 China Scholars Program for Payton students of Chinese
1) Intensive Chinese language study in Beijing
2) Broad exposure to Chinese culture and society
3) Community service project completed in Beijing
4) Field trips to speak to international career professionals
5) Full scholarships provided
How to Apply
1) The applications will be online this year. Student must apply via the APSA website in order to be considered for the program. Attached please find the application instructions. 2) A flyer to advertise the Summer 2013 APSA Program is attached.
3) Interviews will be held this year.
4) There will be three same programs between June 15 - Augtust 10, 2013. APSA will decide which program our students will participate in.
Applications go live on the APSA website www.apsaglobal.org on Feb 1, 2013. The application deadline is Feb 22.
Click here for flyer
The Environmental Service Learning Scholarship is a unique opportunity to travel to Costa Rica, a country well known for its environmental conservation efforts. You’ll discover fun ways that Costa Rica is environmentally responsible and how you can apply these practices easily once you’re back home. In addition, you’ll gain intimate knowledge of Costa Rican culture by living with host families, attending classes at a local high school, caring for rescued wild animals, enjoying exciting organized excursions, and practicing your Spanish!
Tentative Program Dates: July 7th – July 21st, 2013
Program Includes: Round-trip air fare from Chicago, airport departure tax, host family accommodations with full board (three meals per day), full medical insurance, local support, full schedule of activities and excursions, full-time group leader, and passport application fees.
Cost: No cost to the scholars, just spending money (we suggest around $100)
Requirements: Participants must be between 15 and 17 years old, have 1 or 2 years of high school Spanish, be sincerely interested in the environment and cultural exchange and be willing to learn about and adapt to the customs of the culture, food, community, and host family in Costa Rica.
How to Apply: I’ve linked the application here! You should fill out the application and submit it along with 2 letters of recommendation by March 1, 2013.
For more information please see our website: http://www.cci-exchange.com/scholarship/chicago-youth.aspx
“Before this trip, dozens of doors were unknown to me. I didn’t know about the doors that led to a true love of nature, a foreign country, traveling and the different people of the world.” -- Braulio Fernandez, 2010 scholarship participant
A message board to keep the Payton community up-to-date on international and local events and programs that promote global thinking. Key deadlines and info sessions come up quickly in the fall. Use the Travel Tracker to take stock of opportunities and deadlines by month.